Lincoln Center’s Public Space and Visitor Center
Open: Mon–Fri 8am–10pm; Sat & Sun 9am–10pm
Free Performances Every Week
Immerse yourself in New York’s vibrant performing arts scene by attending one of the weekly free performances offered in Lincoln Center’s David Rubenstein Atrium.
Curated by Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, Inc., these performances feature national and international touring artists as well as local performers hailing from all across the New York metropolitan area. Incredible talents from Lincoln Center’s own resident organizations including The Juilliard School, Jazz at Lincoln Center, and the Chamber Music Society, among others also appear. A diverse cross-section of musical genres including hip-hop, pop, Latin, rock, soul, country, spoken word, jazz, world music, as well as classical and new music is offered. Select performances also feature live music for social dancing including swing dance, salsa, and tango.
Admission is free. Seating is limited on a first-come, first-served basis.
For a list of our free events visit our new website LincolnCenter.org/Atrium.
Tips for Attending Free Performances
Please keep the following items in mind to make your next visit to the David Rubenstein Atrium a fully enjoyable experience:
- While all concerts are free and open to the public, please remember that patrons are admitted on a first come, first served basis with limited capacity.
- Depending upon attendance for a particular event we may close the 62nd Street and Columbus Ave. entrances to the Atrium early. Approaching 6:30 pm, we request that patrons enter via the Broadway entrance between 62nd and 63rd Streets.
- If arriving with a group, please plan to meet your entire party outside the David Rubenstein Atrium beforehand and enter together. If you enter and wait for the rest of your group inside, some group members might be stuck outside in the event of a full house.
- Due to our limited capacity, saving seats does not guarantee that other members of your party will be admitted if they arrive later.
- Once we have reached capacity, we can only allow entrance in accordance with the number of people who have left. If you are with a larger group, we may not be able to accommodate your entire party at once.
- If you must leave the Atrium temporarily for any reason before or during a performance, please explain your circumstances to the guard at the exit or you will forfeit your seat and must rejoin the line.